Who We Are
Headway is an Irish registered charity and an internationally accredited brain injury services organisation that supports adults (18+) who are affected by brain injury.
Is to bring positive change in the lives of those affected by an acquired brain injury.
Headway provides rehabilitation services for people living with Acquired Brain Injury.
Our aim is to help you rebuild your life after a brain injury. We want to help you make the most of your potential, improve your quality of life and level of independence. We know that every person is unique and every brain injury is also unique. All Headway services are tailored to each individual, based on your need and your own goals for recovery.
The first step is to get a thorough understanding of your needs and strengths. From that initial assessment, we will put together a plan for a service to help you reach your goals. Teamwork is key to our approach. Our Headway staff from different disciplines will work together with you and your family to achieve your goals.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our services. CARF International, the rehabilitation quality specialists, have accredited Headway services for Home and Community and Vocational Programs in the Brain Injury Speciality. This means that you can trust that the services within Headway are of the highest standards.
Here is a brief introduction video to our services.
We offer a range of services in the Cork and Kerry regions and nationwide. Services available in the Cork and Kerry region include:
- Rehabilitative Training – Located in our centre in Carrigrohane.
- Day Rehabilitation Services – We have locations in Ballincollig, Cobh and Mallow (Gilbert Centre).
- Vocational Training Programme – Based in our centre in Carrigrohane.
- Psychological Services – Cork (Carrigrohane). We offer a range of assessments and help for people affected by brain injuries including social work and support for family members.
- Kerry (Tralee) – We offer assessment, counselling and psychotherapy for people with brain injury and family members or carers through our Tralee Office.
- Social Work (Cork)
- Specialist Individual Rehabilitation Assistant (Cork)
- Community Integration (Cork) Accessing your Local Community
- Community Rehabilitation (Cork)
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Cork) Accessing Employment and Helping people overcome barriers to accessing their local community and employment opportunities.
Information and Support
To contact us for Information and Support, call Freephone 1800 400 478 (Lines open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm) or send us an email at: email@example.com
Links to our services and information
For more information on acquired brain injury, please visit our website:
To find out more about the Cork and Kerry services available, please visit:
If you would like to apply for our services, here is a link to the Headway website page where the application forms can be found at:
If you would like any more information our services, please visit: